Basis of training by Tero Pitkämäki
- Primarily concentrate on recovering training
=> Long distance aerobic training: jogging, skiing, paddling
=> stretching every day
=> strengthening little muscles
=> NO MASSAGE
- Plan strict 3-5 week training periods
- Right balance between power and recovering training !
2. OWN ROAD
- We have found the best possible training system for Tero - even so eyes open to sideways
- We have followed the basic training system for 6 years, adding only a few movements
- We have created our own mode for handling for the publicity together with manager Tero Heiska
4. TO BE A JAVELIN THROWER: THROWING
- The main exercises in every week are throws!
=> full concentrion
=> easy rest or recovery exercise the day before a throwing day
- Through big amount of throws, about 12 000 throws / year, ½ by javelin and ½ by overweight shots
=> confident of the technique
=> throwing durability
5. GOING FORWARD STEP BY STEP
- Clear and realistic aims for the training year and longer terms such as the next Olympic Games
- The goal is to improve all the test records a little bit every year
- Explosion, elasticity and speed qualities, which have already been reached, are maintained
- Strength qualities increase up calmly
=> at the most 5-10 % / year
- The main goal is to create long career
- You have to do every little thing as good as possible, even better than all of the other rivals, because they are also training today !
- The thinking must be always with-in you !!
=>Thinking is always advisable – if you think you can reach the top, it’s possible